Wednesday 27 February 2013

Roger Federer In Finals Of ATP Series

 Roger Federer In Finals Of ATP Series
Roger Federer inched closer to a sixth Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships title on Wednesday as he advanced to the quarter-finals with a 6-3, 6-4 victory over Marcel Granollers. The Swiss’ backhand and reflexes were razor sharp as he broke serve once in each set to prevail in 71 minutes.

World No. 2 Federer is chasing his first ATP World Tour title since August, when he won his 76th tour-level crown at the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati defeated Djokovic as 6-0, 7-6. Federer has a 36-4 record at this ATP World Tour 500 hard court tournament, having lifted the trophy in 2003-05, ’07 and last year, beating Andy Murray in the final.

“I think I was sharper today,” said Federer. “I had a clearer plan. I knew what I could and couldn't do.  So that automatically carves out sort of the things you might want to attempt. I was a bit more confident overall.  I knew what I wanted to do and I was able to do it, so I'm happy.”

On Thursday Federer will resume his rivalry with Nikolay Davydenko, over whom he holds an 18-2 Head to Head record. The Russian, a finalist at the Qatar ExxonMobil Open in Doha at the start of the season (l. to Gasquet), defeated Victor Hanescu 6-4, 7-6(2) in one hour and 48 minutes.

“I'll never disrespect a guy like Nikolay,” said Federer of Davydenko, who has dropped from a career-high No. 3 to No. 46 in the ATP Rankings. “He's done too much in the game. That's why I know it's a dangerous round next match. I know what he can do on his absolute best day because I was one of the guys that got crushed by him as well during that time. I expect him to come out and play that way.”

 Roger Federer In Finals 
Roger Federer In Finals  
 Roger Federer In Finals 
 Roger Federer In Finals 
 Roger Federer In Finals 
Roger Federer In Finals 
 Roger Federer In Finals 
 Roger Federer In Finals       

No comments:

Post a Comment